TEN THINGS TO DO AT GLENVIEW LODGE.
- Stay at Glenview Lodge and enjoy the tranquility of the house and gardens.
- Enjoy our “Local Irish Experience Offer” including breakfast pack, local history talk/Irish coffee demo, Irish Stew one evening. Packed lunch, Glenview Lodge Afternoon Tea.
- Ramble along the local Broadford Ashford Walking Trails.http://walkbroadfordashford.com/
- Visit Broadford Village 2 km. including the arboretum, shop, pubs etc. Discover the Real Ireland.
- Visit the local 15th Century Killagholehane Church ruins which is a national Historical Monument and also call to the Mass Rock in Ashford.
- Call to Newcastle West for boutiques, castle and famine cemetery etc.
- Call to Adare (35 mins) Abbeys, restaurants, parks, pubs and thatched houses and golf.
- Foynes Flying Boat Museum (40 mins).
- Fit in a local Gaelic hurling or football match or play your own game of golf.(Charleville Golf Club 25mins.)
- We are considered by many to be a gateway to The Wild Atlantic Way Ireland’s first long distance touring route stretching along the Atlantic coast from Donegal to West Cork , you could fit in a section of it. We are accessible to many of Ireland’s popular attractions such as the following
Cliffs of Moher (most visited tourist attraction in Ireland).
Bunratty Castle including folk park and Banquet.
Visit Lough Gur, one of Ireland’s archaeological and historical gems. In Limerick City The Milk Market is on a Saturday morning where you will find local food market and antiques etc. Call to Hunt Museum and don’t forget King’s Castle which is a must for all the family. St.Mary’s Cathedral should not be missed.
Do some shopping in Cork City and call to Blarney Castle on the way.
Rock of Cashel.
Ring of Kerry including Killarney lakes.
The above list is just a sample discover many more.